What Information We Collect About You
To provide the best service to you, we collect personal information that you provide directly to us.
We may ask you to provide your personal information, demographic information or information about your preferences or interests when you:
• Become a BTC member or renew your membership
• Sign up to receive email newsletters from us
• Make a purchase on the Sites
• Participate in surveys or special promotions
• Participate on social media accounts managed by BTC
• Participate in the website forum
• Submit user generated content on any part of the Sites that permit it
• Knowingly volunteer information on any other part of the Sites (i.e. request for customer service)
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we learn about you to help us personalize and continually improve your experience with BTC. We may use your personal information in the following ways:
• Provide you with the products and services you request
• Post your user generated content to our Sites as you request
• Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information about features on our Sites
• Communicate with you about changes to our policies
• Send you newsletters, offers and promotions for our products and services, third party products and services, or special events by email or another medium
• Personalize content and experiences on our Sites and within emails sent to you
• Optimize or improve our products, services and operations
• Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
Who We Share Your Information With
Our Sites may provide you with the ability to register, log into, “like” or otherwise interact with third party social media services, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, and other social media services. These features may enable integration and/or access to your social media accounts. We do not control these social media services or your profiles on these services, and we do not establish privacy settings or rules for how your personal information on these services will be used. If you choose to log on to or submit information through any of these social media services, your personal information will be subject to the applicable social media service’s terms and conditions and your current privacy settings on such social media service. By accessing any social media service, you will be assuming the risk that the personal information you provide on that service may be viewed and/or used by third parties for any purpose. You agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by these social media service providers.
During the course of BTC training events, workshops, social events, clinics, volunteer activities, and races, members of the BTC board, coaching staff, or other BTC members may take photographs of you and others. By becoming a BTC member, you consent to allowing your image to be used on the BTC Site, social media sites, newsletters, advertising, and BTC promotional materials. Images will never be sold or used for commercial purposes other than to promote the activities of the Club. Members may request that personal images not be used on BTC Sites by writing to email@example.com.
Security of Your Personal Information
BTC takes reasonable steps to help protect and secure your personal information. However, please remember that no data storage or data transmission over the Internet, or by other means, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Thus, BTC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Therefore, you understand, acknowledge and agree that you transmit your personal information to our Sites at your own risk.
Third Party Content and Links to Third Party Websites
Please remember that any information you share in our member forum, message boards or feedback sections, becomes available to other members, who may take and use that information. Please be careful about what you disclose and do not post any personal information that you expect to keep private.
Notice to Non-US Users
How To Opt-Out or Correct Your Information
You may always opt-out of receiving future emails and newsletters from BTC. We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the email you receive. You may also opt out of receiving further communications from us or correct your information by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How To Contact Us
Brooklyn Tri Club
Attn: Christine Frietchen
353 21st Street Apt. 4F
Brooklyn, NY 11215